Cosmetic Dentist in Barrie City, Ontario, CA
Meet Dr. Michael Robinson HBSC, DDS, LVI FELLOW
Dr. Michael Robinson received his Honours Degree in Life Sciences from Queen’s University in 1983 and his Dental Degree (DDS) from the University of Western Ontario in 1987. In addition to being an active member of the Ontario Dental Association (ODA) and the Canadian Dental Association (CDA), he is an esteemed Fellow of the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI) and a member of the International Association of Physiologic Aesthetics (IAPA).
Since 1987, Dr. Robinson has worked in private practice as a General Practitioner in Barrie, Ontario. Through his journey with LVI, he became a Fellow in 2016 after completing many years of training in the following areas:
- advanced aesthetic and cosmetic smile design
- advanced functional dentistry studying the physiologic connection for patients with temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ/TMD), obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and related health concerns associated with jaw, teeth, head, neck and spine.
- orofacial myofunctional disorders (OMD) of the tongue and it’s role with the face, mouth and throat affecting speech, swallowing and posture
- physiologic orthodontics and treatment
Outside the office, Dr. Robinson is known for his love of family and friends. He excels in sport and has promoted a healthy lifestyle all of his life. To name a few, he loves skiing (Level 4 Demonstrator CSIA), golf, water sports and mountain biking. In addition, he’s an active member of the community supporting education for youth, charities and programs close to his heart.
Inside the office, Dr. Robinson realizes that being ‘great’ requires a great team, and he surrounds himself with just that. His team share the excitement and passion about what he does and the journey of continuing education. He can perform the traditional dentistry he was taught in school, or he can perform life-changing dentistry. He prefers the latter. Dr. Robinson is a physician of the full mouth. He informs patients about what they can do to reach optimal form and function, whether that includes physiologic or cosmetic dentistry. From there a plan is designed specifically for each patient. Dr. Robinson’s commitment to education with unique patient care supports his belief that people want more than just a nice smile. They want to feel better as well. They want to feel younger, healthy and more confident knowing that their dental team is on their side.
- “Dr. Mike is a super nice guy! Thanks so much. Didn’t feel a thing for my root canal! Would recommend to anyone. A+++“- Barry T.
- “This is truly an exceptional company to have dental work done. Not only is Dr. Robinson reflective of exceptional skill and state of the art technology, the staff and hygienists deliver fantastic service and are professionals through and through. Thank you Dr. Michael Robinson’s Dental Group for being a great team, caring in your work and for nurturing relationships with our family! We enjoy going to the Dentist!“- Suzanne M.
- “The best dental office I’ve ever been to. Highly endorse this team. Dr. Robinson is so relaxed, personable and a master at his craft. He is supported by a dream team that are not only genuinely pleasant but well skilled in their individual tasks. They all genuinely care. Many of the team have long tenures working for Dr. Robinson … which is a true testament to the working environment. Who knew I’d ever say … that I actually look forward to going to the dentist.“- Darlene B.